Summer Camp at CMU
Time & Location
About the Event
Experience what it's like to learn from the world-class Spintronix staff IN PERSON on the beautiful campus of CMU. Students will participate in leveled classes of:
Along with classes in
- Color guard history
Classes levels will be catered to the experience level of the campers in attendance. So it doesn't matter if you are a rookie or a ten-year veteran, your classes will suit your needs. In addition to student classes for anyone up to 22 years of age, we also offer the coach/instructor camp for anyone 23 to 99 years old!
All meals for the duration of the camp are included. Resident campers will also be provided with a double occupancy room for the week that includes a bed and bathroom.
2021 Price information:
EARLY BIRD PRICING (BEFORE 4/1/2021) - use code EARLYBIRD at checkout to receive discount
Resident fee: $430 per person
Commuter fee: $370 per person
REGULAR PRICING (AFTER 4/1/2021)
Resident fee: $460 per student
Commuter fee: $400 per student
Must be at least 21 years of age prior to camp start date.
Resident fee: $460 per person
Commuter: $400 per person
MORE INFORMATION Camp Schedule:
- July 6-10, 2021
- Check in begins 1:00pm on Tuesday.
- Daily schedules include 3-hour classes with breaks three times daily.
- Showcase begins at 10:00am on Saturday and all families and friends are invited to watch!
- Checkout will occur immediately following the showcase performance.
What To Expect: Students will participate in group activities that guide them in recognizing both personal skills and the skills of others for a well-rounded, valuable experience. During camp, students will focus on:
- Building self-confidence
- Technique & vocabulary
- Toss variety
- Body projection
- Integrating movement with equipment
- Artistic & creative expression
- Team-building & uniformity
- Having fun & making friends!
What To Bring:
- Your flag/rifle (alternatively, Spintronix flags and rifles will be available for check-out upon arrival)
- Fingerless guard gloves
- Comfortable clothes for spending most of your hot days outside & sneakers.
- Black shorts/pants/capris for the final performance.
- A refillable water bottle
- Resident campers need to bring bedding, towels, washcloth, & other toiletries such as soap, deodorant, toothbrush & toothpaste, shampoo, etc.
We are excited to once again work with and hold our summer camp at Central Methodist University in Fayette, MO.
Click the HERE to visit their website and learn more about their campus and university programs.